BI5 restart after unexpected shut down key problem

nethfel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have recently purchased BI5, and for the most part it has been running great, but I had this happen today (have been doing work on the server, including making changes that required restarts). At one point I wwent to launch the console and it asked me for my product key stating it was in demo mode. Here are the lines that were relevant in the log (I keyed in reverse the order of how displayed in the log, so the restart happened first, then the demo warning):

7/30/2019 3:21:33 PM App Restarted after unexpected shutdown
7/30/2019 3:21:33 PM App 15 Days remaining on demo

When I checked, it had lost my key, so I re-activated it (seems to have activated again fine), but just concerned if this might keep happening? And before anyone asks, I bought the key from BI's website and I'm running 5.0.0.70 x64

There is only one thing that changed on the system that I can think of that might have triggered it to need to have it's license key reset - as I was setting up the system, I hadn't put our MAK key in and activated it yet. I don't know if putting in the MAK key (which changes from the KMS activation function that is default from a VLK install) and activating windows could have somehow made BI think it needed to be activated on this computer again...?

Last edited: