Binary Image to Weather Underground

Tinman33

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I make sure that the image that I am FTP to Weather Underground is in a binary format? My pics are not showing up under the webcam pics for my site. I have checked and my FTPtest seems to be send ok and I am receiving confirmation that they have received it. The WU wiki says to make sure that the file is binary. How do I tell if they are receiving it in the proper format??

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be aware that WU's webcam service is as flaky as all get out. Has been for a couple of years. Wait a day or two, and they may appear.

Tinman33

n3wb
Reaction score
Be aware that WU's webcam service is as flaky as all get out. Has been for a couple of years. Wait a day or two, and they may appear.
Thanks for the heads up. I have posted to WU for years with no problems but This problem has me wondering. A question to you is are their any other Weather services that can use my weather data.??

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since IBM bought them, they've been on a downward slide. My webcam will update fine for days, then disappear for a day or two, then come back. I see a couple of other locals here have the same issue's.

Make certain the file you are sending is below their file size limits. I don't recall off hand what that size is.

This: Citizen Weather Observer Program and AWEKAS - CumulusWiki