BIT cannot change tabs

rabbid_99

n3wb
Reaction score
I can open BI tools and can see the 4 tabs but can only use the weather overlay tab. If I click on the other tabs like the Options tab it will do nothing. It will not change to any of the tabs. This is on a fresh install and fully updated Windows server 2019, Blue Iris 5, and BIT 1.6, I have disabled antivirus, Tried BIT 1.5 with the same result. Any ideas? Thanks.

Corellon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue, I will update if I find anything of help. Also the WUnderground station doesn't save everytime I close the app.

rabbid_99

n3wb
Reaction score
The work around's I have found are to edit the settings.ini file with a text editor or install BITools on another computer that it works on, change the settings the way you like and then copy the settings.ini file to the problem computer. I also have this issue on a windows 10 x64 computer. But I have another windows 10 x64 computer that it does not work on. I have looked at both and I do not see why it works on the one but not on the others.

Corellon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll try that, not sure if I know all the entries to edit without a gui but will figure it out. So far haven't seen a system it's worked on yet

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Closing BIT then opening it again should resolve the issue, no?

Corellon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope unfortunately it persists every time I open the program, even if I delete the ini file or uninstall and reinstall to start fresh. Windows 7, 8 compatibility mode does the same thing even windows 98 compatibility mode.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope unfortunately it persists every time I open the program, even if I delete the ini file or uninstall and reinstall to start fresh. Windows 7, 8 compatibility mode does the same thing even windows 98 compatibility mode.
Did you try to restart? I can take a look at it for you, will need to remote in with software from ultraviewer.net

Corellon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Played around with it some more and got it to work thought I'm sort of at a loss of why it would make a difference.

Essentially I've always used BI and BI Tools using a domain administrator account and it always locked up across reboots and reinstalls. Today I tired with a local admin account and BI tools launched with all tabs functional and they continue to be functional now each time I launch with the domain administrator account.

shmookles

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Mike I am having this problem and cannot resolve it. Can we setup an ultra viewer time for you to look at it?