BIT Server settings not persistent

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Mike!

Love, love, love BIT. Thank you so much for all the work you do on it. I'm setting up a new system and have the macros, overlays, watchdogs, port forwarding, dynamic addressing, remote access, and bp2008's web files all working perfectly. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the server setting in BIT. As shown on the attached, I have the server in BI set to the D drive and have to manually input (actually I paste) that path into BIT.

Even so, it seems like it doesn't accept it and refuses to show me the list of web server files. The manually input path is also not persistent after a restart of BIT. It goes to the root of the C drive (C:\) and I have to "Detect Version/Dir" to get it to populate the correct BI program path (which also becomes the server path). Please point me in the right direction as I'm completely lost on this seemingly simple task!

I'm not sure if I need this function because the web server is properly serving files on the LAN and the WAN. I'm just hoping it's not an indication that I have something misconfigured...

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Seems like a permission issue. Have you tried starting BITools as an administrator and change the settings again? See if that takes. Mine is able to change the path without issues.

Also, looking more into your issue it could be that BITools detect version/dir is searching for a specific path for BI (registry?) and assuming www folder is under it. You can try moving www folder back to its default location under the BI server installation and see if it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like you may have found a bug, thank you for reporting it! I will look into it and fix this for the next release. Are you using Blue Iris 4 on a 32 or 64 bit machine? Seems as though I forgot to add a drive selector for the web server path :nightmare: I will add that and also fix the detection issue. I may PM you asking you a few questions...

BTW the only reason to set the web server directory is for the Search & Replace and Google Analytics options. As long as the directory to Blue Iris is correct, all Watchdogs will function properly.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@jmburton2001, I sent you a PM with a link to download a version with what I think should fix that issue. Do you mind checking it out and letting me know if the issue is resolved? Thanks.

Last edited:

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like a permission issue. Have you tried starting BITools as an administrator and change the settings again? See if that takes. Mine is able to change the path without issues.

Also, looking more into your issue it could be that BITools detect version/dir is searching for a specific path for BI (registry?) and assuming www folder is under it. You can try moving www folder back to its default location under the BI server installation and see if it works.
Thank you for your reply! I tried your suggestions to no avail. I am currently working with the developer through PM.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem. I see that @Mike noticed it was a bug, so it should be fixed soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Should be releasing an update fixing this issue this week!