BIue Iris is so F*%# AWESOME! - and Thank You ipcamtalk!

ray-zin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's taken me over a year and a half to make the move from an analogue dahua NVR to an BI powered IP Cam setup and I feel so empowered! - Today TNT will deliver the next 4 (8 in total - and i already have my eye on another 2) cameras from Andy. @EMPIRETECANDY

Once installed I will then shut off and remove all the old cables and gizmos (some of which I now know what they are) and the old cameras. (Half are dark now anyway).

Thanks to all the detailed and helpful posts here on ipcamtalk I procured and set up everything myself.
No more call out fees to the security company when a camera goes dark or some little electronic gizmo goes pop!.

No more constant buzzing fan noise from the NVR in my bedroom cupboard. No more hot blast of air when I open the cupboard to look at the screens. No more logging into the NVR and trying navigate a UI that makes little sense and is so limited when all I want to do is look at another false motion event earlier in the day.

Thanks to all here I know how the whole system fits together. I know where every conduit goes, I know where every network cable begins and ends. I know how to troubleshoot my camera's and cabling. I can wire my own ethernet cables, I can configure my own IP's, I can access my home BI network remotely via OpenVPN, I can control each camera and set it exactly how I want to...

.... and I've only just begun to play with the BI motion/zone settings and alerts... and have now gone down the rabbit hole of reading everything I can on the likes of Sentry, Rekognition, Sighthound etc... (Exciting stuff)

I'm so hyped! - There goes my next few weekends....

LOL.
Thanks all and thanks @EMPIRETECANDY for the awesome service & prices.