Black screen for the first 3 seconds with H265 recorded video

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I switched all my amera's over to H265 and now for the first 2 or 3 seconds the screen is black before starting to play back the recorded video. Any idea's?

novajoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the solution? I'm having the same problem with all Dahua cams.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Black screen when starting to play recorded video is often caused by using the "Also BVR" checkbox and Intel hardware acceleration. This is in Blue Iris camera settings > Video tab. However back in January H.265 hardware acceleration with Intel wasn't even working so I am not confident that this is really the problem.

If you are recording to MP4 that could be a problem too. BI sometimes has issues with MP4 playback.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Black screen when starting to play recorded video is often caused by using the "Also BVR" checkbox and Intel hardware acceleration. This is in Blue Iris camera settings > Video tab. However back in January H.265 hardware acceleration with Intel wasn't even working so I am not confident that this is really the problem.

If you are recording to MP4 that could be a problem too. BI sometimes has issues with MP4 playback.
That corrected my problem. Thank you!