Blood Splatter

gunnerdog

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize for the video cutting in and out, i am still trying to get the motion detection right...

Backstory... my 18 month old hit one of the porch table inserts with a rock and broke it (you can see it missing in the video). I JB welded it back together and went out to put it back in when i noticed a good bit of blood on the table.

I didn't catch the main splatter, but luckily the shadows activate the recording and you can see a few drops dripping down from above. I am guessing a hawk was going to town on a squirrel or something. Nature...

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice porch! Getting the MD right is one thing, you can also do a 24/7 recording and let the camera simply "flag" the MD/IVS events. Gives you the advantage to scroll back/forth in between events. Why? Because if a burglar happens, cops will often asks to validate if you have seen the perks "discover/scoop" the environment beforehand. That you might have missed completely while recording the MD/IVS-only.

Happy Camming!
CC

gunnerdog

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice porch! Getting the MD right is one thing, you can also do a 24/7 recording and let the camera simply "flag" the MD/IVS events. Gives you the advantage to scroll back/forth in between events. Why? Because if a burglar happens, cops will often asks to validate if you have seen the perks "discover/scoop" the environment beforehand. That you might have missed completely while recording the MD/IVS-only.

Happy Camming!
CC
Thanks CC, actually i did not install the cameras with burglers in mind, i installed them to keep an eye on my kids when my wife and I were at work and they were with the nanny. It does a great job detecting people, but i get a lot of false alarms with all those trees blowing around.

I have been thinking of switching to direct-to-disk as my BI computer is getting older and struggling as I slowly add more cams (up to 9 now), so i may do as you suggest...