Blue Iris 4 no longer pushing notification to IOS devices.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using the last version of Blue Iris 4, release 4.8.6.3. I had used BI in the past with my IOS devices to receive push notifications. Haven't used the push option in some time and have since gotten a new iPhone. My iPhone has the updated version of the Blue Iris mobile app, but the iPad still has the older version of the mobile app. I've added a camera inside that I want to be the only one to send a push notification on triggering. The camera triggers fine and I can get the BI app to send an email to my IOS devices or sound an audible alarm, but when I try to get it to send either a push notification to a mobile app or a sms/text message, I get "Test Message sent to 0 Devices". My wife has an Android phone (same carrier, Verizon), and If I check the box to include her phone and do the test, it says "Test Message sent to 1 Device".

I have removed and re-added my iPhone and iPad to the mobile devices. I have removed and re-added the email server, and it will send an email message to the IOS devices. I've checked every notification setting on both IOS devices and they are all on. I've restarted computer after making changes to no avail. I thought possibly that it was related to the upgrade of the BI mobile app on the iPhone, but the iPad has the older version and the same issue.

I have not uninstalled and reinstalled, I was hoping not to have to do that, but that will be my next step if there are no ideas or suggestions about what might be the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Don’t take what I write as gospel but I’m sure I’ve read before that the certs for iOS expired a while back and the way to fix it is to upgrade to v5 as v4 is no longer being maintained or updated.

If you have valid support in place it might be worth logging a call?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
As above. Don't think that there is any solution other than going to 5.

John4333

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses. I suppose I don't want to get to far behind, except it does all I need as it stands. Think I'll do a support upgrade, I think that comes with an automatic ver. 5 license.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses. I suppose I don't want to get to far behind, except it does all I need as it stands. Think I'll do a support upgrade, I think that comes with an automatic ver. 5 license.
Yes, both the $30 and $35 extensions to support will allow you to upgrade to v5.