Blue Iris 5 constant crash

AusGod

n3wb
Reaction score
When ever i open Blue Iris 5 all of a sudden this morning it just freezes then says "Blue Iris 5 has stopped working"...

Could someone please let me know if i can fix this or if anyone else is having this issue?

I have already restarted my PC and still no change, was there an update sometime within the last 15 hours?.

Video of how it is acting:

Last edited:

hex52

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm experiencing similar with the most recent update 5.0.4.4.

Running as service, so I would see the console flash. Messages screen would reset every minute and show the unexpected shutdown message

hex52

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone got 5.0.4.3 installer?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When ever i open Blue Iris 5 all of a sudden this morning it just freezes then says "Blue Iris 5 has stopped working"...

Could someone please let me know if i can fix this or if anyone else is having this issue?

I have already restarted my PC and still no change, was there an update sometime within the last 15 hours?.

Video of how it is acting:
Most likely Windows itself or something you have installed is interfering. Pardon my ignorance as I don't use windows except to run BI5 but it looks like you have a lot of stuff running on that system. Is the email client running? I would try to put it on a machine that's almost naked or at least shut down any running applications (or services running in the background).

I hope that helps. I know I had trouble with antivirus at one time and BI.

hex52

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it's a known issue, check the other forum sections.

AusGod... I was able to restore my system almost back to normal.

I exported the individual camera settings, reset BI, configure BI settings from scratch, then imported my camera settings one by one.

So far so good.

AusGod

n3wb
Reaction score
Most likely Windows itself or something you have installed is interfering. Pardon my ignorance as I don't use windows except to run BI5 but it looks like you have a lot of stuff running on that system. Is the email client running? I would try to put it on a machine that's almost naked or at least shut down any running applications (or services running in the background).

I hope that helps. I know I had trouble with antivirus at one time and BI.
None of those applications in the video are open except OBS (recording software to record that video) and Blue Iris 5, the rest of the applications are not in use they are just pinned to the taskbar for quick access.
I installed a fresh installation of Blue Iris 5 and everything seems to be working as normal now.