Blue Iris 5 help with time showing incorrectly in alerts and more

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, this is a really screwy problem and I need some help, I will explain it as besi can. I have BI5 and was using a version form May but just updated to version 5.3.0.3 but still have the same problem. For example on my iPhone I see an alert from an hour ago and when I click on it it goes to that alert but it will show a date from 4 days ago like 7/17. So the alert is the correct alert with just the date wrong but if I hit the back arrow to see the previous alert that may have been an hour ago for example NOW the alert literally jumps back to July 17th. The crazier thing is that I have several cameras and not all jump back several days but ALL of them do not have the correct time or date even though the clip may be correct. I hope I am making sense as I could use some help. My desktop PC is somewhat similar in the problem but in the desktop it does not have the back arrow like the iPhone has. I am attaching 3 pics from my desktop, the first is the alert clip showing todays date, the 2nd shows the clip opened but you can see the date is 7/17, the 3rd clip shows the setting in my BI is correct. HELP?? Thanks, Adam

Attachments

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Later versions fixed this. I forgot exactly which one but anything 5.3.1.X or later is fixed.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for answering. I chose 5.3.0.3 beacuse it shows that one is the latest critical or highly stable update. There are only 2 after that it shows, 5.3.1.0 and 5.3.1.1 which don't show to be highly stable so I was a little leering of trying those. I was hoping Fenderman would chime in about this. I am hoping another person can verify what you are saying before I try it. Again, thanks, let me just see if any other responses. Adam

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I posted with exactly the same problem and I saw it with 5.3.0. I attributed it to the use of sub streams which I’ve now disabled for the time being.

There was a reply re disabling the RTSP time option which fixed the issue for others but I’ve not tried this as I’ve disabled the use of all sub streams for the time being.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting, I have several cameras but not all on sub stream, I will check alter. Thanks, Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I restared all the cameras and with the updated version 5.3.0.3 all actually seems to be working now so I will keep my eye on it. Thanks, Adam

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.3.1.0 and 5.3.1.1 introduce more problems than they fix at the moment