Blue Iris and IFTTT

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new.

I've been using Blue Iris for a few years now, and use Wink for home automation. I wanted a way to tie them together, so made some IFTTT recipes.

Just simple stuff unless you also use Android and Tasker, in which case i have a whole lot more complicated recipes to link the two.

Blink some LIFX bulbs when BI kicks an alert:
https://ifttt.com/recipes/369616-blue-iris-alert-flashes-your-lifx-bulbs-in-warning

Blink some Philips Hue bulbs instead:
https://ifttt.com/recipes/369695-blue-iris-alert-flashes-your-hue-bulbs-in-warning

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is awesome, will look into it later.

lkruper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new.

I've been using Blue Iris for a few years now, and use Wink for home automation. I wanted a way to tie them together, so made some IFTTT recipes.

Just simple stuff unless you also use Android and Tasker, in which case i have a whole lot more complicated recipes to link the two.

Blink some LIFX bulbs when BI kicks an alert:
https://ifttt.com/recipes/369616-blue-iris-alert-flashes-your-lifx-bulbs-in-warning

Blink some Philips Hue bulbs instead:
https://ifttt.com/recipes/369695-blue-iris-alert-flashes-your-hue-bulbs-in-warning
I am trying to use IFTTT Maker to trigger a camera to the iris web server. The closest I have gotten is with json, which says it fires and does not give a error but does not trigger. Have you done something like this?

Reaction score
I am trying to use IFTTT Maker to trigger a camera to the iris web server. The closest I have gotten is with json, which says it fires and does not give a error but does not trigger. Have you done something like this?
No I haven't/ I haven't tried anything inbound to Blue Iris, just outbound on alerts.

R4238ID

n3wb
Reaction score
I am no developer but would love to see an IFTTT recipe to trigger my LIFX lights on with motion rather than flash. Have you done anything like that?

Reaction score
I am no developer but would love to see an IFTTT recipe to trigger my LIFX lights on with motion rather than flash. Have you done anything like that?
It would be the exact same recipe except change the LIFX to turn on instead of blink.

I'm trying to make a new public recipe for it on IFTTT, but can't figure out how to publish this new "Applet" crap they just released.

Last edited:

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm confused about step 8a:
8a) Replace (and remove the < & >) with the name of the camera in question

Can you explain this another way or sow some screen shots?

okubricko

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this thread is kinda old, but for anyone wanting to do this I just did this and it works great.

Here is my syntax.

When triggered>>>
Use HTTPS
maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Study_Light_ON/with/key/(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)
maker.ifttt.com/trigger/(Put You IFTTT Applet Name Here, mine is Study_Light_On, without parenthesis)/with/key/(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)

This will turn on your Hue Light when there is a trigger.

Request Again When Trigger is Reset >> (This will run when the BI trigger stops. I am using another service that allows you to add a delay in running your IFTTT applet.)

lab.grapeot.me/ifttt/delay?event=Study_Light_Off&t=5&key=(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)
lab.grapeot.me/ifttt/delay?event=(Put You Light Off Applet Name Here, without parenthesis)&t=5&key=(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)
The 5 in this string is the minutes of delay. I keep my light on for five minutes after trigger.

See this thread for delay information >>> Adding a Delay to IFTTT Recipes

If you want to just turn the light off when the trigger is off do something like

maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Study_Light_Off/with/key/(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)

Hope this helps

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Has the maker IFTTT link improved any since this was first posted? It took so long to trigger things at times that it wasn't really workable when I'd tried it before. Like a hour sometimes unless you pushed things through and then you'd get everything that was pending all at once.

okubricko

n3wb
Reaction score
My light comes on within 5-7 seconds of BI being triggered and if I wasn't using the delay it goes off in the same amount of time after the trigger reset.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have to give it a try again.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can't believe I didn't see this post before! Going to try this :D I have wink also and use ifttt

AndyH912

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this thread is kinda old, but for anyone wanting to do this I just did this and it works great.

Here is my syntax.

When triggered>>>
Use HTTPS
maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Study_Light_ON/with/key/(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)
maker.ifttt.com/trigger/(Put You IFTTT Applet Name Here, mine is Study_Light_On, without parenthesis)/with/key/(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)

Request Again When Trigger is Reset >> (This will run when the BI trigger stops. I am using another service that allows you to add a delay in running your IFTTT applet.)

lab.grapeot.me/ifttt/delay?event=Study_Light_Off&t=5&key=(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)
lab.grapeot.me/ifttt/delay?event=(Put You Light Off Applet Name Here, without parenthesis)&t=5&key=(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)
The 5 in this string is the minutes of delay. I keep my light on for five minutes after trigger.

If you want to just turn the light off when the trigger is off do something like

maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Study_Light_Off/with/key/(Put Your Key Here, without parenthesis)

Hope this helps
Thanks for this
I had a go using IFTTT to do this, although its a little hit and miss it also comes with a considerable delay and IFTTT hasn't enough options
I'm wanting My Philips Hue outside lights to come on when my drive camera picks up movement but only between sunset and sunrise and came across Domoticz
It allows you to create a virtual switch that works perfectly from within the program but I cant figure out how to create the necessary http or script for blue iris to execute.
Has anyone had any previous experience with this ?

Any help would be appreciated

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Here is my syntax.

When triggered>>>
Use HTTPS

Hope this helps
I know this is an old post but hoping you can help me. I am trying to get an alert from BI to turn on a light via IFTTT. I have cut and pasted the above syntax into the https box (using my BI camera name & maker key) to no avail. I know the camera is sending an alert as it sends me an email. I am using webhooks in IFTTT and Smart Life to turn on the light. It appears that the applet in iFTTT is made corrrectly (although as it is my first applet, I could easily be wrong!)

Any help would be appreciated!