Blue Iris Build #234!

Reaction score
I started off last year with my first Blue Iris build of your standard run of the mill i7-4770 mid-size tower Dell 9020 Optiplex with a 8TB Western Digital Purple HD. Really was a great value. However, after a time, I needed to do network component organization so opted for a i7-4770S USFF Dell optiplex to save on some needed real estate. To my embarrassment, the USFF only accepts 2.5" hard drives, not 3.5" hard drives. Western Digital Purple only come in 3.5" hard drives. Which led me down the pathway of getting a Synology NAS (wanted one anyways to share/store network files...this just gave me the push). This worked for a time until I got up to the 800 mp/s range with 14 cameras. Network congestion and CPU high usage at various times. A couple months ago, at a local auction, I came across a 2U iStarUSA server rack mount case for $5 knowing that I could use it for a future Blue Iris build. Well, that time has come.
I took a long gander at the anonymous listings in the Blue Iris Update Helper and various forum posts of previous BI builds. As of this Thursday evening, this is what I'm looking at:
My server case:
41ys0f4D-uL._AC_.jpg
Thermal-take 430w ATX power supply:
71OVSW7QlbL._AC_AA360_.jpg

Noctua NH-L9x65, 65mm Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler for 95W cpu's
81OzpWhMNkL._AC_AA360_.jpg

ASUS Prime Z370-A II (Intel 9th Gen) (supports upto DDR 4000)
91cfAkHy+qL._AC_AA360_.jpg

Intel Core i5-9600K 9th Gen Desktop Processor (benchmark of 11135 as compared to my i7-4770S at 6700)

G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600
61jrb3gMvxL._AC_AA360_.jpg
I already have a 8TB Western Digital Purple.
Should be possible to migrate windows 10 off my current system to this system.
Hopefully, the last build I go for. I can sell off my i7-4770 mid-size tower and the i7-4770S USFF to make up some of the $$$.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t think Windows will activate in your new system unless you enter a valid key?

Reaction score
When I moved my HD from older gaming PC to my current one, I had to get Windows online help involved to re-activate it with a new key. Can't remember exactly, but a Windows key is assigned based on the .... motherboard MAC address. If you move a hard drive from one PC to another, the key does not work in the new PC. There is a thread posting here somewhere about how to fix just that.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Windows creates a hardware signature which is based upon your system, some variances are allowed, so increasing RAM, changing out the hard disk but if things like the motherboard changes then it will need to reactivate and the number of changes it detects will determine if it actually activates.