Blue Iris clips question

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could someone explain to me how to stop Blue Iris from putting video clips in the All Clips section on the left side of Blue Iris screen.
I can't figure out how to delete them without having to do a few at a time. I can delete them from there but it takes a long time. And if I delete them from the folder that they are stored in they still stay in the all clips section of Blue Iris. But if I delete them in all clips section in Blue Iris they do delete from the folder they are stored in. It makes no sense to me.
Also there is never anything in the storage folder. Here is a pic of my clips and archiving.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you read this section found in BI's built-in "Help" (the big ? at upper left) ?

"Recording and Clips" => "The Database and Clips list" => "Clip list filters"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Per the helpfile, you cannot rename the ALERTS, NEW, and STORED folders and it must go into folders named NEW, STORED, and ALERTS. It will mess everything up and you are seeing some of it here.

You have NEW going to c:\blueiris\storage without a NEW folder.

I suspect you have STORED going to a folder not named STORED.

Further, you really shouldn't be moving NEW to STORED on two drives in the same box.

So rename the folders to NEW and STORED. But instead of having them moved, simply keep them all in NEW and delete based on available storage.

And do not manually delete clips as the database is sensitive and you will/are corrupting the database.

Personally I would stop BI and delete the video folders and start new. Also delete the DB folder and then reopen BI to let it rebuild new with the proper configuration.

Reactions: Wen

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Once done, this may answer some questions and go into more detail about clip storage and drive allocation, from @SouthernYankee :

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what if I don't want a database? I store my files on my E/drive and delete them as needed. The database just uses up space that I would rather it didn't. If I understand this right then all these files stay in the database even after I delete the files I have in the folders on my E drive. I find no folders for the database. That's my problem I don't need them after I delete them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The DB is located in the c:\Blueiris\db folder.

Without a database then there is no "intelligence" to your system and alert thumbnails won't tie back to the video.

A corrupt database can cause issues with BI operating properly, including not recording properly.

The way you are operating it isn't how the program was designed and you will continue to have problems.