Blue Iris - Homeseer and profile problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone from a new member :)

I have had Homseer for a few years now, but just a few days ago i bought Blue Iris, and connected these two.

I have two profiles on my Blue Iris, one for normal operations while we are home, and one for when the alarm in our house is armed. And when the alarm is armed, Homeseer sends a command to Blue Iris, telling Blue Iris to set profile to. And that works fine.

But, after some time, without me doing anything, there is something that makes Blue Iris change profile back to profile 1.
I had checked the boxes "until triggered", but have unchecked those but it doesnt make a diffrence.

Any good advice out there ? :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the schedule of the profile and see if there is a time in there or if the profile is truly on/off based on your automation. It sounds to me like it is instead using an override of the profile to set a profile and those are timed in nature.

Reaction score
Thank you wittaj. It looks like - as for now - that that was the problem. Profile 1 was the only profile in the schedule, and when ever I changed the profile, it might have been some sort of conflict in the schedule, and the number one profile was set again..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, so create another profile that doesn't have any time on it and you should be good to go. Maybe an Armed profile and Disarmed profile that is not tied to time will take care of it.