Blue Iris import settings problem on new computer

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping for some guidance here. I have BI v 4.8.6.3 and am trying to move blue iris to a new machine. I exported the settings from the old machine. Did a fresh install on the new machine. Entered the correct License Key and imported the BI setting file. Almost immediately the BI window shuts down. Am I missing a step?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Paul

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got no idea which settings might cause a crash if configured incorrectly.

I suggest opening regedit and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris. Here, you can delete entire sets of options at once while retaining your camera configuration. Hopefully it is not one of the cameras that is causing the crash. Do not delete the Registration folder in the registry or you will lose activation.

Reaction score
I've got no idea which settings might cause a crash if configured incorrectly.

I suggest opening regedit and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris. Here, you can delete entire sets of options at once while retaining your camera configuration. Hopefully it is not one of the cameras that is causing the crash. Do not delete the Registration folder in the registry or you will lose activation.
Thanks! Not clear on what entire sets of options to delete? any help is appreciated!

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I ran into this on one of my machines. This is what cleared it for me.
On the old machine, go through the setup of all cameras and make sure Windows media is not enabled (checked) I think it is under the web casting tab (I am running all ver 5 now so don't remember for sure)
Then re-export the settings, and import them into the new machine.