Blue Iris is not saving any alerts or videos after I tweaked some settings

Skeptical

n3wb
Reaction score
I made a few simple changes to my storage settings but it looks like I’m overlooking something.

I upgraded my Blue Iris box a few months back. Today I realized my new setup was saving New, Stored and Alerts videos onto the boot SSD instead of the HDD (E). So I made new folders on the HDD and changed the Blue Iris settings to save to the new folders.

I’m not saving any videos now though. My dashboard after a few hours should have a lot of alters and one continuous camera. Right now it has nothing other than one clip I manually recorded as part of my testing.

The only other thing I changed was I unchecked “Limit clip age” which I was using in my prior cofig for some reason.

I’m using Aux 1 to save the continuous feed from one camera. I need to go through and adjust the storage allocations but the idea is to save a week or two of alerts and have the continuous feed I can go back to weeks later if I need to.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What version of BI are you on? Lot's of threads about issues with 5.6.6.x and newer not showing the alert clips.

Did you do a repair/regenerate after moving the file locations?

If that doesn't work, you may need to shut down BI, then delete the DB folder and then open up BI. You will lose all prior alert thumbnails in the process (but all the video files remain).

And since the NEW and STORED are on the same drive, you do not need to move to STORED - just leave all in NEW. You are burning up CPU usage and killing the drive early moving files.

Most of us here only use NEW and have weeks or months with no issues. Only use STORED if you have it going to a different drive like a NAS.

Skeptical

n3wb
Reaction score
It's working now. I was going to rebuild my db when I noticed a tiny red negative symbol next to a shield… somehow I must have disabled/clicked it.

That’s kinda confusing. It looks more like a status icon than a functional button indicating its status.

I'm on 5.6.7.3. It's set to "Install latest critical or hilghly-stable update" but I might change that.

Thanks for the NEW STORED tip. I thought it might be serving some other function in BI since it specifies NEW and STORED as two separate things as stock/default. I dug into other things but I never got around to digging into the docs for this specifically.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish it was more obvious when that gets switched off.