Blue Iris latest updates.

godfree1963

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Really liking what Ken has been doing with Blue Iris latest updates, cpu is down to 15% from over 70%. :)

I have tried all the latest updates they all work ok. I just have one question all my recordings are now taken from the sub stream, so poor quality videos.
Is there an option to make Blue Iris use the main stream for recordings ?, I don't see the option in settings. Is this coming in a future version?.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Really liking what Ken has been doing with Blue Iris latest updates, cpu is down to 15% from over 70%. :)

I have tried all the latest updates they all work ok. I just have one question all my recordings are now taken from the sub stream, so poor quality videos.
Is there an option to make Blue Iris use the main stream for recordings ?, I don't see the option in settings. Is this coming in a future version?.
You have something set up wrong, recordings use the main stream.
Make sure you have direct to disc enabled for all cameras, and you are using BVR as the recording method.
Show us a screen shot of the camera setup page.

Or, right click on a cameras recording while views, and make sure you dont have "use substream when available" checked.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have direct to disk enabled, then the high quality #1 stream is recorded while the second lower quality sub-stream is the one used for motion detection and for viewing multi-camera groups. Did you follow this section of the Wiki exactly to enabled them correctly?