Blue Iris Losing Connection to Service

Reaction score
Hello -

I've had a problem that just started recently. BI started saying it lost connection to the service, and when I click OK, it would close. I eventually had to clear the registry settings and start over, with imported settings from a few days ago. That seemed to fix things for a day and BI was working great. Today it just started doing it again, with no changes made by me. I got the lost connection to service message again. I can restart the service but as soon as I try to open the program, it closes again and loses the service.

Not sure what is going on. I'm currently on the most recent stable release but the problem started with an older stable version. I updated when everything crashed and I had to start over.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot or at least an image from your phone of the "lost connection to service" message ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI's "settings" => "startup" Have you tried un-checking "Run as a service..." then reboot the PC?

Reaction score
In BI's "settings" => "startup" Have you tried un-checking "Run as a service..." then reboot the PC?
Can't get the program to open at all because the service isn't running and I had it set up to run as a service. I guess I can delete all the registry settings again - but I did that a day ago and this happened again.