Blue Iris motion detection vs HIKVision

Reaction score
Hi all

The short question, is Blue Iris motion detection better, or can it be better with add ons, than the motion detection in HIKVision camera/NVR, IF I want notifications on my mobile?

I have a 4 HIKVision camera setup with HIKVision NVR DS-7608NI-I2 and I cant get the motion detection to work.
I was able to get notifications on my mobile, but it is far to sensitive. Even when I had set the sensitive to minimum.
I have also used areas and line crossing, but having hard time to get it to work.

Therefore I was thinking if Blue Iris, with add ons, was better and if it can work with notifications on my mobile.
I would like to get notofications on my mobile if the cameras detect an intruder.

cralwalker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @René, did you ever get any clarity on your question? I am spending way too much time tweaking out false alarms on BI and wonder if the edge detection would be better than the centralised one in BI. Of course I could blow away BI and try which will probably be the case unless we can learn from others' experiences first.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @René, did you ever get any clarity on your question? I am spending way too much time tweaking out false alarms on BI and wonder if the edge detection would be better than the centralised one in BI. Of course I could blow away BI and try which will probably be the case unless we can learn from others' experiences first.
You can either get cams with built in AI that work with Blue Iris, or add Deepstack or SenseAI to Blue Iris. All work very well when properly configured. See the Blue Help or the many threads already here discussing this subject.

Reaction score
Hi @cralwalker, I am using Deepstack in BI. and it is woorking very fine.