Blue Iris Remote WAN address changes after system reboot?

Nick3399

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been having issue where everytime system reboots, the Remote WAN address changes, and I have to go into blue iris app and modify to allow me to view cameras while off wifi. Is there any way to keep the remote WAN address the same? I do not have the box checked to refresh, so I am not sure why it is constantly being updated after reboot.

Attachments

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think the setting, 'Refresh external IP at Startup and again every [30 mins]' should be checked.

I do not have a static WAN IP, it changes at the whim of my ISP and so I believe it is this setting that keeps things in check.

It is a slight pain in as I have to update my VPN connection on the phone, but that only seems to be every 6 or 8 weeks, and I'll have to do it now after noticing that my WAN IP has again changed.

alwaysoff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AFAIK your WAN IP address could change if you a) don't have a static IP from your ISP, and b) your router/modem rebooted. It won't be affected by blueiris reboots.

You can probably ask your ISP to give you a static IP, so it doesn't change. If they can't/won't, then you'd need to "refresh external ip at startup" as pointed out above, and use a dynamic dns (dyndns) service so you can access your system using a name rather than an ip address.