Blue Iris setup and tweaking

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any videos on how to set up BI from start to finish with how to set up alerts, and tweaking for best video from cameras like the 5442 that seems like it it top dog #1 of cameras? I really need help and am good at following directions. I want to get the best I can out of BI and I think getting directions from users that have figured it all out would be priceless, that said I'm willing to pay someone....

Reaction score
I suggest playing around for a couple weeks to see how much you can get done yourself. My opinion is if you're not willing to learn to setup yourself, customizing it later will be exponentially harder, then fine tuning ever harder.

There's no best setting, but there's a best setting for you, which will be different from EVERYONE ELSE'S.

it took me 2 months of fiddling to be happy with my setup, and even then, I still make occasional adjustments. Once you learn how BI works, you'll do the same, but only if you learn to build from the ground up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are some good starters. The videos are a little dated and the screens may look a little different but close enough.