Blue Iris Stopped Moving New Files To Stored Folder

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This morning when I checked my PC it said my C drive was full. It appears all the space is being taken by my BlueIris New folder. In Blue Iris under Clips and archiving I have Limit size set to 10GB, Limit clip age 1 day and Move to folder Stored. Folder Stored is on a separate SSD. My settings have been this way for a very long time and I have had no issues. I did rebuild my PC but I didn't change or add any drives. The most resent file moved to my stored folder was on 11/29/20. I rebuilt my PC on 11/20/20.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you attach screenshots of settings under Clips & Archiving for "New" and for "Stored"?

FWIW, BI runs best when Windows, BI program and BI's db folder are on the SSD and all video clips are stored on a HDD, preferably a surveillance-rated HDD like a WD Purple.

I also suggest to limit then move based on clip size only and remove check box for age.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks OK to me and a lot like mine except I don't have "Limit Clip Age" checked....try that.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I would change the size on New to approximately 80% of the available space.
Windoze likes to take a bunch of temp space for updates, and other services.

If you have enough room, the best way would be to have all of your storage on the second drive,
then you do not have to move them later.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I unchecked Limit clip age. The data in my BlueIris New folder is 397GB.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I unchecked Limit clip age. The data in my BlueIris New folder is 397GB.
An excerpt From BI's Help under Database and Clip List:

"As discussed, because of constant access, the database folder should remain on your fastest local storage. It is the database that determines how much of each folder is currently occupied, as well as what is shown on the clips and alerts lists. There are a number of ways to filter this, but if a discrepancy is found, you can Repair the database either with a button on the Storage page in Status, or via a right-click menu in the Clips list, Database—>Repair/Regenerate.

Database maintenance is ran each 5 minutes. This is the function that actually deletes and moves files between folders according to the rules defined. You may start it manually at any time with right-click menu option in Clips, Database—>Run maintenance."

I'd run Database—>Repair/Regenerate and then Database—>Run maintenance .

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did the Database—>Repair/Regenerate and then Database—>Run maintenance . Files are now being moved to the Storage folder. I hope it's fixed and stays working. Thanks for the quick responses and all the help.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did the Database—>Repair/Regenerate and then Database—>Run maintenance . Files are now being moved to the Storage folder. I hope it's fixed and stays working. Thanks for the quick responses and all the help.
Glad it helped you.
Yeah, my wife tells me all the time (referring to me)..."Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while." :lol: