Blue Iris stopped working 2 days ago

Apex

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ipcamtalk community!!

I got a problem, can't really figure out and blueiris support is not getting back to me.

My cameras all of the sudden disconnected (all 8 of them). They do work with their native software.

I also already disabled my firewall (and blue iris is allowed through it anyways)

I already tried a fresh install (made sure to delete all blueiris from pc)

When I try to activate anything on BlueIris the message below pops up.

I have no idea what could be wrong im sure its network related to the program blueiris but once again nothing has changed as far as my settings, norton antivirus, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the picture is very small and hard to read, what does the error say?

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try rebooting your cameras?

Apex

n3wb
Reaction score
it says blue iris cant access the network

the cameras do work with their native software but yes, i did try to reboot them anyways.

I also would like to mention that I tried installing blue iris on a different pc in my house (same network) and everything works fine. I think the problem has to do with blue iris accessing the internet from my computer but it cant. I already checked my norton firewall and blue iris is allowed through (as always), I also disabled the norton antivirus and firewall to see if that changes anything but nothing. I mean nothing has really changed on my end as far as settings or anything, it just stopped working.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Other things can access the internet from the same PC?

That is really strange.

Maybe time to fresh install Windows.

Apex

n3wb
Reaction score
Jared, my firewall is being managed by norton, windows firewall/windows defender, etc is disabled.

Yes, other programs can access internet no problem. But seriously I would hate to have to install windows again just for this because everything else works flawless.

Is there like a program or a website that I can run and it will tell me if a program "blue iris " is being blocked by my network?

Once again, thanks in advance for y'all help.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest you go to blueirissoftware.com and download the update that was released today and see if installing that fixes it.

And reboot the PC of course if you haven't done this already... I'm sure you have.

But its really sounding like something got majorly screwed up (assuming you are correct that it is not your firewall(s) blocking Blue Iris) and a Windows reinstall could be necessary.

Apex

n3wb
Reaction score
I did download the update at blueiris website and installed it but still no luck. Thank you anyways.

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you go into settings under webserver does it show your lan and wan ip's? you dont have to enable it, but it should be there. It is strange tho, you should still be able to add cameras, unless blue iris is being blocked by firewall. or possibly you have an ip conflict with one of your cameras. Meaning 2 devices have the same ip address, but then again you shouldnt be able to access internet.

Apex

n3wb
Reaction score
So i get home today, turn pc on, open blue iris and everything is working fine again, I just dont get it. I mean its great news dont get me wrong but it just mind bugging when I did not even know the reason why it stopped working on the first place or how it fixed itself.

Anyhow guys, I appreciate everyone's input and time. Have a great day !!!

10Gauge

n3wb
Reaction score
I just started having this happen too - all cameras are recording to file properly, but the video is just a screen on each camera saying "No Signal"
Firewall off doesn't change anything. Browser to camera works fine. Through trial and error, I found that if I turn off "run as a service", everything is back to normal.
If I turn on as a service, problem returns.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just started having this happen too - all cameras are recording to file properly, but the video is just a screen on each camera saying "No Signal"
Firewall off doesn't change anything. Browser to camera works fine. Through trial and error, I found that if I turn off "run as a service", everything is back to normal.
If I turn on as a service, problem returns.
Windows 7 with hardware acceleration enabled? That would cause the symptoms you describe.

Apex

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm ill look into that, thnx for the input guys.