Blue iris suddenly won't open

victorb17

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have two different installations of blue iris at separate properties. Both now won't load. One location is running the server. I can log into it from the mobile app and see that it is working and recording. However, trying to open the local GUI results in a windows "program has stopped responding".

Nothing at all has changed on either machine in quite sometime. They both started this at the same time. I have tried the admin and non-admin.

Both are BI 4. Any ideas to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Victor.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I have two different installations of blue iris at separate properties. Both now won't load. One location is running the server. I can log into it from the mobile app and see that it is working and recording. However, trying to open the local GUI results in a windows "program has stopped responding".

Nothing at all has changed on either machine in quite sometime. They both started this at the same time. I have tried the admin and non-admin.

Both are BI 4. Any ideas to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Victor.
Which EXACT version of 4, there are many. There seemed to be an issue with ver 4.5.8.5 having this issue, I had it. I updated to 4.5.8.6, and as yet, all is well again.