Blue Iris Timeline review, low FPS when used to be fine

ChrisPDuck

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all
I've been running Blue Iris for a while now with no issues but now one has recently arisen (not sure if I have inadvertently changed a setting or it was an upgrade issue)

When reviewing all cameras in the timeline view the FPS is horrendous (probably about 1FPS - it looks like stop motion). This is the same regardless of it being used on the Blue Iris program itself, over the web UI through a browser or through the app on a mobile / tablet.

Live view is fine (all camera's and single camera - via the program, web UI and app)
If I review a single camera it's fine (via the program, web UI and app)
If I export the timeline with all the camera's it's fine
It's just when reviewing all cameras the issue is there

I'm 100% it's not a bandwidth issue (as this happens on the local machine via the program and Web UI) - It's also got a gigabit ethernet connection and rarely exceeds 60Gbps on Blue Iris
I'm 100% sure it's not a hardware limit I'm running 4x4K and 1x4Mp cameras. Direct to disk, substream 24x7 and 4k alerts. Machine is an i5-11500 @ 2.70GHz with 32Gb of DDR4 - 2 x 6Gb WD purple drives for storage (3 cameras to 1HDD, 2 to the other - single storage location - the files are never moved) - when reviewing BI reports 1% CPU, 1% GPU and ~1.5Gb RAM. It used to work fine and nothing has changed hardware wise.

Everything was fine for ages but this started recently and I just can't figure out why. I've searched through all the settings I can find but I can't find anything that only applies when reviewing all cameras and not when reviewing a single camera.

I'm on release 5.7.7.12 - but the issue has persisted through the last few updates.

Any help greatly appreciated

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@ChrisPDuck In your group config, make sure this option is enabled.

This is what BI support said to do when I saw same problem. There was a change in recent release that affected streaming.
Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 6.37.36 AM.png