Blue Iris vs. Dahua Local Motion Triggering

acecase

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got my system up and running with 5 cameras.
(3x:IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2 and 2x:IPC-HFW4431R-Z)

Using Blue Iris 4 for VMS.

Everything is pretty good so far, but I'm still tweaking and tuning. Mainly trying to get motion detection where I want it. I've disable all but night-vision triggering and video streaming on the cameras to keep their load down; hoping to help their lifespan since they seem to run pretty hot.

I was hoping to get some of your opinions on pros and cons of using Blue Iris Motion Triggers vs. the cameras' triggering options. The cameras are pretty much identical, except that the R-Z models are bullets with verifocal lenses. They have a lot of triggering options between the standard motion, tampering detection, and a host of IVS options like tripwires and face/car detection etc.

The purpose of the system is primarily to let me know of someone is snooping around my house or cars. We have a psycho x-spouse and are hoping to get some early warning if he's plotting something.

Thanks for any advice you guys may have.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the motion detection settings in BI. BI won't use the motion/alerts from the cams. Only way you will get motion alerts from the cams is if you are recording to internal SD cards in each cam.