Blue Iris with Smart Things using BI Fusion

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I am wondering if anyone has successfully configured BI Fusion in the Smart Things and have got it working with BI? I am trying to use it to simply change profiles from my Smart Things Hub, but I think my issue is that the BI Fusion Smart App cannot see my BI server despite me telling it its IP and port. Yes I have unchecked the security option under advanced, but despite this I get:

error 9.3: BI Server is still offline. Sending periodic notification.
serverDeviceErrorMessageHandler() received {Error! Blue Iris Profile failed to change to Away; it is null}
serverDeviceErrorMessageHandler() received {Error! Blue Iris Server returned http status code 401, an error.}

The BI Machine can ping the smart things hub without issue. Further, I can access the BI web interface no problems either.

My setup is a little different as the BI Machine has two NICs. One on the Camera's subnet 192.168.254.* and the other on a different subnet which is my LAN and BI is bound to my LAN IP, but as I say Ping replies without issue between my ST Hub

Any ideas?

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about under BI "users", tick checkboxes for "anonymous" and "LAN only"?
IIRC, an error 401 is an authentication error.

Reaction score
Hey TonyR

Sorry it’s taken me a while but I don’t seem to have a anonymous account under users or can’t find the anonymous tick box. I’ve also unticked their LAN only box as having it ticked didn’t seem to work

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think so see the issue. Checking BI logs the connection made is without a username or hostname yet its specified in fusion - - weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk