Blue Iris won't start DeepStack (Windows 10 PC)

Magnaheim

n3wb
Reaction score
When I try to Start DeepStack from Blue Iris AI tab, I keep getting DeepStack error: Could not start (258); check path (C:\DeepStack)

With a bit of looking, it seems that's more than common, and no fix that I've seen. I am running both of them locally on a single Win10 PC.

So is there 1: A way to fix this?, or 2: Should I just set DeepStack to start with Windows instead? And if that's the better option, how?

(If it matters, I'm using a system with no GPU)

Thanks!

moomoo55

n3wb
Reaction score
on my win10 it would start deepstack executable (shows up in task manager, no desktop window) , but nothing would happen (no ai detection or something)

so i resort to starting each one separately
no gpu here either

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some are reporting elsewhere that the latest version of deepstack moved where the .exe file is.

Go back to the previous version of Deepstack until a resolution is found (or move the .exe file to where BI is expecting to see it)

Magnaheim

n3wb
Reaction score
Go back to the previous version of Deepstack until a resolution is found (or move the .exe file to where BI is expecting to see it)
I saw a post where someone said last year they went to a different version. I actually wasn't able to find where Deepstack keeps previous versions, their website is pretty meh tbh.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I try to Start DeepStack from Blue Iris AI tab, I keep getting DeepStack error: Could not start (258); check path (C:\DeepStack)

With a bit of looking, it seems that's more than common, and no fix that I've seen. I am running both of them locally on a single Win10 PC.

So is there 1: A way to fix this?, or 2: Should I just set DeepStack to start with Windows instead? And if that's the better option, how?

Thanks!
What version DeepStack are you using?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks!
If you are on version 2022.01.1 see the below post for the fix.

I figured out the issue and now have Blue Iris starting DeepStack version 2022.01.1. The issue was DS version 2021.09.01 had two of the same files just named differently in folder "C:\DeepStack\server" one was named deepstack.exe and the other was named server.exe. Blue Iris is trying to starts up server.exe. DeepStack version 2022.01.1 only has one file in folder "C:\DeepStack\server" named deepstack.exe. The fix was copy deepstack.exe in the same folder with the file name server.exe.

Kev.jelani

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I have ANOTHER problem, Version 2022.01.1 is not detecting vehicles at all. This release is buggy and a mess. Im rolling back.

Lucas Tam

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I have ANOTHER problem, Version 2022.01.1 is not detecting vehicles at all. This release is buggy and a mess. Im rolling back.
I'm getting nada too, as in no objects detected! :( No people, cars, nothing...

BI gets the following back from DeepStack:

{
"api":"general",
"found":{
"success":true,
"predictions":[
]
"duration":0}
}
]

davep1553

n3wb
Reaction score
As this was the first result when I searched for deepstack will not start I want to say the cause was Windows wanting to block the network ports when blueIris launched it. I launched the deepstack.exe myself once, approved the port access and then blue iris was able tos tart it.