Blueiris 5 memory leak

hazzard8

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm picking up this thread as regards to my post here:

I won't repeat what I've posted in that thread, but I've investigated this further after posting this.

Thread starter is using RTX20x0-graphics, just like me.

My main theory right now, is memory leak in the Nvidia Graphics driver or Blue Iris (in combination with Nvdec hw-decode), but I haven't concluded yet.

Here's an updated perfmon-log with more data. You can see exactly when Blue Iris started to drop frames and eating my CPU:

perfmon4.gif

This computer is not in active use while running. Just Blue Iris, Dropbox, TeamViewer and some other services.

As you can see from the green chart, there is about 70% RAM available after Blue Iris is started. This keeps decreasing over time down to less than 5 %. After I stop the Blue Iris service, there are still just 20% RAM left, but no processes seems to be using RAM:

Processes sorted by RAM usage:
taskmanager.PNG

There is no way these processes taking up 78% of 16gb RAM.

Keep in mind that I got this problem after (accidentally) installing the 2004-update of Windows 10 (rolled back now) and Nvidia driver from Windows Update.

My next move is to try another (old) Nvidia driver.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can max out Blue Iris camera-wise and the whole system will eat up about 7GB of RAM

I have to imagine this is NVIDIA-related

By the Book Networking

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue on 2 Bi5 servers, the used ram does not add up to processes.
one is an intel 10th gen i7, the other is an i5 6400. SSD boot and 4tb Purple and updated drivers. both systems run great for approximately 5 days then slowly drops frames and becomes unstable to the point the power button needs to be held. I have 17 other Bi5 stations that are flawless then I have these 2 that are infuriating:facepalm:. my only fix currently is to have a scheduled reboot 2x a week. I've even reformatted both PC's and started from scratch but I have received the same result. I'm not sure who the cuprate is, but it's getting frustrating and concerning when the client's Bi servers are constantly crashing.

Hopefully, this isn't an ongoing issue moving forward. I thought I would submit my 2 cents because issues aren't known if you don't share them! :)

Hope everyone is having a safe and Merry Christmas!!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What version of the Intel graphics drivers do you have installed? My system is i5-6500 based and I don’t have any issues but I use an old vid driver from 2018.

Gatlarf

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to solve this issue in my setup since I faced the exact same issue.
I have only 3 cameras and only 4gb of RAM in my machine. running BI 5.4.4.8. 1tb local ssd storage and 3,5tb reserved on my nas for cloning. I made clones of my cameras for instantaneous replication towards my nas through a network share using smb. This works perfectly. However, I see high memory usage which gradually increases when using the web-client or the app to view the cloned streams.

I noticed this by accident. Instead of view my ’real’ cam streams, I accidentally viewed the clones. After doing so, memory consumption increased and kept increasing, even after closing the app. Finally a crash occured and the service restarted, returning memory usage to a normal level. The drastic increase in memory usage always occurs, the leak doesn‘t occur every time.

So, for me, viewing the cloned cams seems to be the trigger. Perhaps it’s not the same for you, but I hope my first post here could at least proves that this issue can occur. I’m just carefull, not to view the clones from now on.

On a side note: you guys should stop measuring dicks. ;)

rmalbers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On your side note, once you hang around here a while you can sort of tell who knows a little bit about pc arch and who has written some code before and who hasn't.

Gatlarf

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m just carefull, not to view the clones from now on.
Instead of being careful, I disabled the web-streaming for these clones. The webstream for the clones is identical to the master-stream anyway so It wouldn't make sense to make them available for viewing.

On your side note, once you hang around here a while you can sort of tell who knows a little bit about pc arch and who has written some code before and who hasn't.
Indeed, I noticed that as well. But still, it would be nice if people didn't go into a bitch-fight like on the first page of this topic. But that's probably a separate discussion. :)