BlueIris and AT&T fiber remote access

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
So good news is I moved house - faster internet, and my cameras are much neater now.
Downside is - I can't get blueiris working (out of the home network) again.

I have AT&T gigabit fiber and blueiris installed on a server (windows 10).

I can get to the cameras on the home network here ok http://192.168.1.XX:55

My home IP is 107.128.202.XXX

When i get to the 'routers address on your LAN' is shows:
Address: 192.168.1.2XX (different to both the addresses below)
Automatic Unpnp doesn't seem to work with the Pace 5269AC modem. I can't seem to find an unpnp option in there
I use Google Wifi router also (unpnp is in there)

I'm getting super confused if I have to reserve a port in my google wifi settings, on the Pace modem, or something else. Last time on my old network I got it working, but this has me beat!

Cheers

Robert

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
First of all, whenever you see a UPnP feature, whether it is in a router or a camera, disable it. Cameras will use that to open ports to themselves, and they will get hacked.

Besides that, you have two options:

1) Set up a VPN server in your router. When you want to remote view, you connect to this, then use the local address to connect to Blue Iris just like you would at home.

2) Forward a port to Blue Iris's web server. There are guides for how to do this all over the internet. One potential complication however is it sounds like you have a separate router and modem, and most modems also have a router built in. Which probably means you have a double-NAT setup. If that is the case, you will need to set up a port forwarding rule in both devices. The modem must forward the traffic to the second router, and the second router must forward the traffic to Blue Iris.

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. The Google Wifi is separate from the Pace router - so I assume I would just have to do the port forward for the Pace router (as its all hard wired) or both? (because I access it at home via wifi)?

Should I disable something on the google router maybe as its not acting as a router (modem) but just wifi?

pkrexer

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds to me your probably being double nat'd. Basically your modem is acting as a router and your adding a second router behind it (the google router)

You'll need to have AT&T put your modem in "bridge mode" to eliminate the double nat, then you should be able to access your cameras I bet.

Thanks. The Google Wifi is separate from the Pace router - so I assume I would just have to do the port forward for the Pace router (as its all hard wired) or both? (because I access it at home via wifi)?

Should I disable something on the google router maybe as its not acting as a router (modem) but just wifi?

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Ugh, it's not getting better lol

I used the instructions here to put the Pace router in bridge mode (by selecting the Google Wifi router into DMZ+ mode so the traffic is routed through it). The Google Wifi remains in NAT (standard) mode.

my IP on doyouseeme is 107.128.202.XXX on port 55, but it still fails. Here is the failing part

I've port forwarded the blueiris server address to port 55 in my Pace router, but still nothing :(

adamrx7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have AT&T fiber at my house and all working perfect sense day one. I have a Unifi USG in the mix also. The most responsive connection I have ever seen. Remotely my video shows up instantly and is as clear as watching HDTV. Good Luck.

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Ugh, I think I figured it out and it was simple. I had to set a static IP and in doing so (using the portforward app) it told me the current IP I had was being used somewhere else. So I allowed it to assign a different IP and the remote access worked right away!

Thanks for the help, hopefully that fixed it.