Blueiris Compatible ONVIF 2-Way Audio Outdoor Camera Recommendations

iceman153

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, new here, have an existing BlueIris setup with a mix of POE/Wifi cameras and am looking for a outdoor wifi IP cam with 2-way audio that plays nice with blueiris/ONVIF, perferrably with PTZ. Looking for them to double as a local intercom that doesn't depend on a camera specific app. I'm also hoping to be able to have my HomeAssistant server leverage the rstp backchannel to use them as a siren/warning when the home alarm is triggered. Thats a whole separate journey, but as long as blueiris works with audio out I'm sure it'll be possible.

I just got a two pack of HeimVision HM311 ip cams, which claim onvif support, but it's really just hacked together to only give RTSP access. Nothing else appears to be configurable, password can't even be changed, and the device management url just returns a blank page. Seems like they locked it all down to try and force you to pay for their cloud services... Onvif DeviceManager does show it supports onvif/deviceio but it doesn't report the audio output stream path and I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone has any ideas on that these guys would work pretty well, seem well made, great image quality and were cheap.

Reaction score
I'm also looking for an outdoor wifi IP cam with audio that plays nice with Blue Iris. I don't need the other ONVIF stuff that you need, so I'm curious if the HeimVision HM311 is a good choice if I'm just looking for an outdoor wifi IP cam to use with Blue Iris?