BlueIris not responding to MQTT Commands

sklemp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I feel like I've searched all the threads and keywords I can but haven't found anything to solve my problem. I have found things that I believe got me closer to my solution but no final solution has been found.

Here's the problem.

I need to send a payload "camera=JB1&trigger" to the topic "BlueIris/admin" when I want to manually trigger a recording.

I'm using MQTTX and sending that payload in plaintext to the topic and it shows correctly.

I'm also on my mosquitto terminal and running "mosquitto_sub ... -t BlueIris/admin" and I see the mqtt topic reflecting back to me.

So here I believe my mosquitto system is working correctly.

In Blue Iris Settings -> Digital IO and IoT -> MQTT is enabled and everything appears to be working correctly. Wen I hit test, I get loads of information but the basic info is Connected OK, Subscribed OK, Published OK and Disconnected OK. So it appears to be working correctly.

In the JBZ1 (JB1 short name) camera settings under Record, it is set to record video when triggered. On the Trigger page, all sources are checked....Motion sensor, Global DIO input bits, Camera's digital input or motion alarm.

In the client setup for mosquitto, the client I setup for Blue Iris has all the client roles enabled and the ACLS has everything set to allow.

What am I missing? I'm sure it's something silly.

Thanks in advance.

mykp

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you solve it? Mine works with: camera=Gates&trigger=-1&flagalert=1&memo=Opening