Blueiris Suggestions: Webcam's that actually work?

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have been setting up a system with blue iris.
I have a number of hikvision 4mp cameras (bullet and dome) which i have been able to get to work just fine. The software kicks butt and i'm extremely happy with it. I have been lurking the forums in order to learn some things (geo-fencing i can't seem to get to work but whatever).

I have been thinking of a solution for inside the house, more specifically, within the computer room.

I wish to set up a webcam as it is rather unsuspecting (and potentially cheaper) when compared to a CCTV camera.

I have been looking at the logitech stuff and some people are having issues with it connecting to blue iris. Can anyone recommend a webcam (1080p) which will work with blue iris in its current state?

Could i try just any old cheap 1080p (knock-off) usb webcam?

I want the last thing for some butt-wipe to see before they attempt to damage/take my server or switches to be a nice happy snap.

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I use a Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000. The only thing about going this route is that it has to be connected directly to the server or to a computer that is already running. In that case I use a VM running Win 10 and WinCamXP connected to a server that is in the same room.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I acquired the ANNKE I61DR IP yesterday, and am impressed with the quality. The software features are very rich, too.

Reaction score
Use YAWCAM. It will make any webcam (USB or built-in laptop) an IP camera that your BI server can record from. I've setup laptops throughout the house to record our cats when we're on vacation!