Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ive got one of those for the media center, or one much like it.. its mah, gets the job done... easier typing in login info than using a damn remote thats for sure.

but the functionality is not good enough id want to use it for more than a few moments a time.. the backlit keyboard is its best feature, its used often as a backup remote when the nexus remote dies or gets lost.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After my future security system is set up, most, if not all my interaction with the system will be via remote. My thinking is maybe the BT keyboard would stay on the farm for just occasional use.

Nexus remote?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive got it paired with a Nexus Player, an AndroidTV.. for rare occasional use these battery powered ones will likely be dead when you go to use em.. they dont have much a charge and for as little as I use mine it needs charged frequently.

for a nvr or something id get a track ball mouse, most you dont even need a keyboard for and tha'll give you better control without needing much surface.. infact thats what I'm getting for my Dahua, just havent yet because I too do most things remotely.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the older version but still using it. It paired to my Nexus Player and tablet.

I like the keyboard but there are time when I wish I had one without the mouse pad for speeder typing. With the mouse pad, I have to stretch my right thumb over it to type with both thumbs

Bilk

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the older version but still using it. It paired to my Nexus Player and tablet.

I like the keyboard but there are time when I wish I had one without the mouse pad for speeder typing. With the mouse pad, I have to stretch my right thumb over it to type with both thumbs

Bilk
I have not seen one w/o the pad. What I'd really like to have for occasional use is a key board with a small built in reference display (Monitor).

nebo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, actually my wife and kids give me a hard time, but while i'm at my desk at work, I have my phone propped up in front of me and it's tied to bluetooth #2. I just basically push a button and I'm typing on my phone. lol. I'm always the one behind on technology, but this is really cool.

For multiple CPU's I would think it would work great.

I thought $19. was cheep, but I see you have one that can be switched to multiple devices/CPUs. Do you use it that way?

nebo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To clarify, I mentioned I rarely need to charge it, but I do make sure the backlight is shut off since the office has great lighting. And I also shut the switch off at the end of the day....when I remember.

The book states:
A three-hour charge provides up to 10 days of use when you type about two hours a day with the backlight on, or about one year without backlight. You can use the bluetooth keyboard while it charges.