Both of my vehicles were robbed last week

beretverde

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Due to some unfortunate events ive been lead here in hopes of finding a quality surveillance system. Last weekend both of my vehicles were burglarized. They even tried to tow away my truck, but for some reason they left it in the street. I almost purchased a GW security brand system, but after finding this forum I cancelled my order. I am software engineer by trade and love diy projects. Im excited to learn from you all.

Thanks

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome! 3 key phrases for you. Hikvision. Longse S500. Huisun Mini PTZ.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello. welcome to the forum. Unfortunately others have been motivated to get security cameras for the same reason as you, nothing seems safe any more.

beretverde

n3wb
Reaction score
klasipca Ive been reading your posts extensively, you have a wealth of knowledge. I really enjoyed your thread on the Longse S500. Do recommend a particular NVR for that setup?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
klasipca Ive been reading your posts extensively, you have a wealth of knowledge. I really enjoyed your thread on the Longse S500. Do recommend a particular NVR for that setup?
Heh, there is plenty I don't know and still finding out every day even on this forum (Ethernet cable choices, power requirements, ip camera sensors etc...), I am just sharing the pains I've gone through already, but I am glad to share it and finding out it might be useful to someone. As far as NVR, Hikvision 7608NI-E2 and now Hikvision NVR 7616NI-I2 is my choice, works fine with Huisun or Longse cams and plenty others using ONVIF profile. Keep in mind functionality is very basic with NVRs and if you want advanced features BI server is the way to go.