Bought a SD42212T-HN from Andy

AlanH

n3wb
Reaction score
If any of you are hesitant about buying from Hong Kong using Andy, don’t be. Buying from Andy is as easy as buying from Amazon or B&H Photo.

The transaction was easy and fast.

Due to my vacation travel, I needed the camera by end of February and emailed Andy on Feb 16th.

I gave Andy the following information about my use for the camera:

I will be using the camera to monitor the back yard so I can call the yard crew as needed about fallen limbs and the need for mowing. I will also use it to watch the animals along the lake. I will occasionally look at the back door and car. I plan on using Blue Iris software and probably will not even record video. Since I will live view and have optical zoom, a 1080p camera with 10-12X optical zoom is sufficient. I don't think I need IR lights but they won't hurt.​

I gave him the list of cameras I was considering:

I am considering the Dahua 42212TNI or SD49225XA-HNR (or XB). I see you also list a SD49225T-HN which looks like a 30 fps version of the XA. I don't need 25X but will consider them if it is a better image.​
Please send me some suggestions and prices. I only need one camera. Please suggest any cameras the I have not mentioned that meet my requirements. If there are any good large sensor 1080p 10-12X PTZ cameras, please include them.​

Andy replied the same day: The SD42212T-HN is good to go, but we don't have the wall mount right now. Maybe can buy those brackets locally.

Andy’s email contained a warning about shipment delays due to their government's anti-virus measures but he confirmed he would meet my end of February delivery requirement.

He sent me the invoice though PayPal and I paid that night (Feb 16th)

I received the camera Feb 24th delivered by DHL. There were no US Customs duties or fees. The camera is Dahua branded, model DH-SD42212T-HN made 12/2019.

There are two things to be aware about the camera itself.
  • The power supply is 230V with the round International prongs.
This does not bother me since I will be using POE for power.
  • The camera Installation Guide is worthless. It talks about using 75 ohm coax cable and does not even mention using Ethernet cable (it does have an Ethernet plug not a coax plug). It talks about setting the baud rate, parity and camera address and about installing the SD card. That is it. It has no information about actually using the camera.
Fortunately there is plenty of information on this forum.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice to hear, Andy is the man for good reason on this forum.