Bought Annke C800 Bullet - Onvif Enabled, No Capture in Blue Iris

kalakasan

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't realize that of the Annke C800 models, the bullet version firmware cannot be updated (option is not listed under maintenance). Annke says for recording an NVR is required, otherwise it's only good for live viewing. Not what I wanted! The video quality is outstanding, and Blue Iris does recognize it and adds it to the camera list. I've set up simple motion trigger zones, but nothing is recording. I've Enabled ONVIF in the camera config, and added an admin user with same user name and password as camera login.

Before I unload the camera, perhaps someone here has some suggestions? If I do need to replace it, does anyone know what the HIKvision equivalent is? Does anyone have this camera working in Blue Iris?

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you can view the cam's stream in BI, then BI will record it IF it's configured properly.
I suggest you check out BI's built-in 'Help' section 'Recording and Clips'.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to telling BI to pull the ONVIF triggers in the camera setup, did you also check the box "Camera's digital input or motion alarm"? Without that it will not record the camera triggers pulled from ONVIF.

1608441443815.png

kalakasan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, ticking “camera’s digital input or alarm” did the trick.

I’m curious how many folks here use their camera’s built in motion detection over what Blue Iris provides...

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 15 cams (mostly Dahua and some Hikvision) and I don’t use the built in detection at all. I use BI for all of it and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do a combination. On my AI cams, I use the camera's and then use BI for some others. I also save 24/7 so I am comfortable with relying on one versus the other. You can also use the camera trigger AND BI motion at the same time and this would allow you to set a little longer time-step before BI motion starts.