Brainstorming: Economical way to cover all the 4 sides of a parked car

electret

n3wb
Reaction score
Context: I will be talking about people on foot. Some people have a habit of grazing cars they come across. Rub their hands across the body of the car. Do these perverts get aroused by metal? I dont know. Some ** rub their belongings into the car they passed by. What the metal is wrong with these people? And atop, their erotic fantasy of metalic car bodies does not bother them. If confronted, they say, "so what" and thats about it.
Problem: Who scratched my car, when and how? I need closeups.
Solution:
A) One cam 2.8mm with around 90+ degree FOV, at front right of car. Another at rear left of the car. Each Camera around 8 feet away from car and approx 3 feet higher than the car.
B) Four closeup cams for each of the 4 sides of the car, installed slightly higher than the vehicle.
C) Anything else?
.. Kindly propose the best economical solution. Location is either a house garage or a fixed parking spot in a parking basement/plaza.

Dont hesitate to ask questions to clarify the task at hand. If you are making any assumptions while proposing a solution, add them to your comment please.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Teslas already have that feature if getting a new vehicle is in your future LOL

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there -

I like your 2 corner idea, the main issue is that it only covers 1 of foot traffic for each side of the car. So if the person is walking the opposite direction you will not get an identifying face shot. I think if you're trying to identify somebody you would need no less than 4 cameras (1 per corner).

I think you might also consider a deterrence solution, there are a number of vehicle alarms w/ proximity sensors that sound an audible alarm if somebody gets too close to the car - this would likely be far more successful but could be coupled with your camera system.

Just curious, how are unknown people (with motives that you described quite graphically I might add) accessing a house garage? I would think 1 overview cam would narrow it down enough to who brushed up against your ride xD