Browser access to Dahua NVR suddenly broken

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve been able to surf into my Dahua NVR for a coupla years. Now, I can’t. I'd like help to find the root cause problem. Note: Model numbers for my eqpmt is in my signature text below.

I use the Pale Moon browser and the plugin from Dahua. I was able to browse into the NVR and access everything. Eg: Live View, Playback, configure cams & NVR, export video clips, etc, etc.

Now I can’t get past the message “Please install plugins first!”
I download & install the plugin, then attempt to login to the NVR.
Again, I get the message “Please install plugins first!”
Around around I go, in an endless loop.

I’ve re-installed Pale Moon and rebooted the NVR (I stopped short of a hard reset which would erase my configuration settings).

Again, my setup has been working for years. Suddenly, no workie! Did something change that you guys heard about? Any guidance?

Than you!,
Fastb

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Windows update maybe? I made the mistake of allowing an update recently and now get all that install plug-in crap again. Had to uninstall plug ins and reinstall to work again.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Windows update maybe?
That was my suspicion as well. It could explain why this misbehavior appeared out of the blue.

Un-install the plug ins, then try to install again.
Good idea, and thx for the tip. I had uninstalled the plug-in from the browser, as part of my investigation. But I didn't know the plug-in could be uninstalled from the PC.

Unfortunately, after uninstalling and then allowing Pale Moon to install the plug-in, the problem persists.

Here's a hunch:
I remember being able to do several things with the NVR even when the plug-in wasn't installed. Like system config & camera config. I could do anything w/o the plug-in, except anything that required showing camera video. The plug-in was needed for; live video, playback video, setting IVS rules, changing camera frame rate, contrast, etc.
But now, I can't get past the login screen. If I enter a bogus name & p/w, the NVR doesn't say "login failed" or "password incorrect". Instead, it remains in the "install plugin" loop.

The above problems occur w/ Pale Moon, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. If I remember, any browser will work with the NVR - EXCEPT when video must be displayed. Maybe my memory is faulty? (completely believable!)

Hunches?

Fastb

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Another clue:
I powered up my old Vista PC. It works with the NVR, just as it used to.

So the problem may be related to the automatic updates to my current Win10 PC. Or current versions of the plug-in for Win10.

Am still digging. Any ideas are welcome!

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm surprised Dahua doesn't require us to use Vista! Gets me so irritated every time I have to fire up Internet Explorer to watch the playback from my cameras. Partying like it's 1999!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of my computers it was an update to the graphics driver that killed live or playback viewing - despite me doing all the steps to prevent that from happening.