Building a Reliable Parallel System for Smart Event Handling with Hikvision Cameras: Seeking Platform & Hardware Recommendations

rajdey

n3wb
Reaction score
---

Current Setup:
- Cameras:
- Hikvision DS-2CD3T56G2-ISU/SL (Lens: 2.8 mm) - 2 pieces
- Hikvision DS-2CD3356G2-ISU/SL (Lens: 2.8 mm) - 4 pieces
- NVR:
- Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P - 1 piece with an 8TB disk

Problem:
The current setup is working fine in terms of recording. However, the smart events generate a lot of false positives, making it unreliable for automating tasks like switching on lights upon human arrival in specific regions.

Objective:
Build a parallel system that relies on camera feeds directly from the camera or the Hikvision NVR (RSTP) to accomplish the following:

1. Trigger Smart Events:
- Detect motion and human presence, sending triggers to Home Assistant via MQTT. (Note: I have a parallel home automation platform with Home Assistant as primary and Habitat as a failover).

2. Audio Alerts:
- Play voice notifications on Alexa devices based on smart events.

3. Remote Monitoring:
- Pop-up video or images on a remote client via VPN. The client software should be part of the platform, such as Blue Iris, a Scripted NVR, or Frigate.

4. Remote Configuration:
- Allow remote configuration of smart events through VPN (VPN setup already in place).

5. No Recording Required:
- The Hikvision NVR will handle recording, so this new parallel system is an addition, not a replacement.

6. Live Feed Viewing:
- Provide the ability to remotely view live camera feeds.

7. Email Notifications:
- Send email alerts based on smart events.

8. Smart Event Logging:
- Maintain a detailed log of smart events with timestamps, including the ability to export or review logs remotely.

9. Enhanced AI Detection:
- Use AI-based detection to reduce false positives by distinguishing between different objects, like humans, animals, and vehicles.

10. Alexa Integration:
  • Display the camera feed on Alexa Echo Show devices using the Monocle skill, triggered only when specific events occur.

---

Request for Advice:
I would appreciate any recommendations on the most suitable platform to achieve this, along with the recommended hardware to run it. My priorities are reliability, accuracy, and a reasonable budget. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: