Bullet camera spider web issues.

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn’t know spiders were really an issue with bullets till I came here. I’ve had them for 2 years and only had the occasional spider repel in front of camera. I’m curious as to how well the turrets hold up against nesting wasps?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm surprised they let it go for 2 years. That camera was basically disabled by all the webs.

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Turning off the built in iR on the camera and installing a separate iR illuminator a foot or so from the camera to provide illumination would cure this. The spiders will build their webs on the illuminator and rarely on the camera.

The area that home is located does seem to have an extraordinary amount of spiders, even when I had bullets there was only the occasional spider building a web around it. I am not sure that a turret versus a bullet is going to make that much of a difference with such an industrious spider population living there. Turrets are superior to bullets because the iR emitters are not colocated under the same glass as the lens but are usually fully separate. That separation is rarely more than an inch which does not appear to be sufficient separation for the level of web building dedication OP's spiders are displaying.

I know a great many people and businesses that never look at their camera feeds until something happens and they need the footage only to find the camera obstructed with trees or spider webs etc. Like anything a camera system must be maintained to keep performing at its peak.