Bullet ptz focus issues

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK...shot in the dark: the transition from day to night means the camera IR lights up, correct? When this happens the camera draws more power. Just a guess but when the day to night transition occurs the camera may need to refocus to adjust to the lighting change. The refocus also drains power. Therefore, maybe, just maybe, the power being supplied to the camera at this precise point in time (IR lights and camera refocuses) is insufficient. How are you powering this camera? And do you have any alternative method to power the camera to disprove my theory? I'd suggest that you buy one of those TrendNet PoE+ adapters and see if that solves the issue.

Hey, did I ever tell you how they may have faked the moon landings?
I'm powering with a dedicated power supply which is more than enough to power the camera properly

I had issue with power on Poe so run a proper dedicated supply.

So I'm confident it isn't a power issue itself
(Although I'm not saying I am 100% right)

dalepa

Reaction score
If you use BlueIris, you might try using a scheduled event to reposition the camera at nighttime. It's under Schedule->Event Schedule. Go to a preset and back which much trigger the camera to refocus.

Update:

Problem still persists
Unfortunately I haven't had time to upload any video

I have however narrowed down the cause.

It happens every transition from daylight to night time.
This is where the problem seems to lie

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you use BlueIris, you might try using a scheduled event to reposition the camera at nighttime. It's under Schedule->Event Schedule. Go to a preset and back which much trigger the camera to refocus.
Unfortunately I use a hikvision nvr with the cameras so I'm not sure it's possibe to do such a thing

I have a second one which is a present for Christmas for my dad and I'm just praying that there's no problem with that one