Buying Concerns?

tzeench

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to the form, so perhaps this is a silly question (or is asked a lot). Forgive me if it is.

A saw some fair prices for the Hikcision DS-2CD2385FWD-I [Link] on Bay [Link] and AliExpress [Link]. But from all the posts I've seen throughout this forum, I feel like everything I look at is going to be a knock-off or cheap Chinese crap and that I'll be screwed if I ever try updating the firmware on them.

Are these legit or should I look elsewhere?

Note, I'm not in any real rush to get the new cameras (as the ones I have work, but want to switch over to PoE). Though when it takes weeks upon weeks to get, I get anxious and would rather pay a little more and get them sooner (like buying from within the US or Canada).

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ebay version is OEM. OEM means the Hikvision name doesn't appear anywhere on the box, documentation, or product -- and I would question whether or not it has Hikvision firmware, or, custom firmware from the company the product was OEM'd to. If the latter, you're at the mercy of that company to supply you with firmware upgrades.

The aliexpress link looks like an actual Hikvision product, not an OEMd version.