.bvr video file editor

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I did this just yesterday. Bring up the clip, set the green and red clip indicators to the start and end of the clip to be exported. Then right click and select (I think it’s called export but I’m doing this from memory) set any options you want including quality and save location and hit the tit to start.

When it’s finished locate the next clip and repeat.

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
I did this just yesterday. Bring up the clip, set the green and red clip indicators to the start and end of the clip to be exported. Then right click and select (I think it’s called export but I’m doing this from memory) set any options you want including quality and save location and hit the tit to start.

When it’s finished locate the next clip and repeat.
Thanks - it worked much appreciated for your in-depth help

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Bring up the clip, set the green and red clip indicators to the start and end of the clip to be exported.
You may further find it helpful to know that as an alternative to manually adjusting the slider to set the endpoints, you can directly edit the time using the date-time box. See this post...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I knew that, option when you right-click but I found dragging the markers allowed me to get to the exact spots I wanted.

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Area 651- this explains everything and as you say its a perfect guide - I have not upgraded to a subscription as V4 works fine - thanks a million

patterrr

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using BI5, and can't find the red and green start / stop markers at all nor the export video button. I found the clip I wanted by double-clicking the alert on the left pane. I never had issues with exporting bits of video from BI4. What do I need to do to enable this in BI5? Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using BI5, and can't find the red and green start / stop markers at all nor the export video button. I found the clip I wanted by double-clicking the alert on the left pane. I never had issues with exporting bits of video from BI4. What do I need to do to enable this in BI5? Thanks!
Pull up the video you want to export.
Right click on video, select set first frame, play video at little and the right click choose select end frame.
You should see the markers move at the bottom of the video. You can drag these markers, just like in Ver 4.
Now right click again, and choose export.

patterrr

n3wb
Reaction score
Pull up the video you want to export.
Right click on video, select set first frame, play video at little and the right click choose select end frame.
You should see the markers move at the bottom of the video. You can drag these markers, just like in Ver 4.
Now right click again, and choose export.
Thank you @looney2ns, that worked perfectly. My recollection with BI4 was just dragging the start / stop markers (as in they were already there). Glad to know how to do this now!

zamar83

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like most comments in this thread are off topic, as the Edit clip content is replaced by Export discussion. ;) Is there a way to trim and save a portion of BVR clip in BVR format for future reviews in Blue Iris 5 without re-encoding? I don't want to export to any other format, until its clear I need to use them as evidence or demo. It appears analog video source is encoded in BVR as H264, and audio source as AAC?

It looks, BI doesn't mux text overlay with video from cam and audio into BVR format, instead they are kept in file as separate channels, and it results in higher CPU efficiency, even in case of analog cameras with stream encoding by BI at motion detection - correct? At exporting to MP4 or AVI such clips must be re-encoded to correctly show timestamp overlay and play audio. I want to keep on disk only manually selected small sections of each clip in BVR format upon reviewing daily recordings. How to do that, and in what software?

Last edited:

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm converting a small marked portion of a .bvr clip in B.I. to mpg4, wanting to keep 100% video quality of the .bvr file, choosing nvidea acceleration.
I seem to think I'm checking the right boxes, but after exporting a few times now, Im getting a step by step stutter in the video file, not smooth playback in mpc-be x64, which generally plays everything great.
any suggestions?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
well, I gave up trying to convert it to mp4 properly. I went with the avi format, and that has worked. :idk: