bye bye, beloved mountain bike!

Myckie

n3wb
Reaction score
A few days ago, my old camera records this.(vivotek IP71x4, without IR..)
The perimeter sensor detected the intruder, alarm fire, but did not have time to stand up and stop the thief go with my mountain bikes.
It is the first time I record something inside the house of interest, apart from cats fighting ..
Apart from a new mountain bike, I think I'll buy better cameras :)
Now I'm fighting with insurance to see if I can charge what I lost.
I'm not happy, but at least I could record what happened and take notice of the alarm.
Despite the theft, that has made me feel safer indoors.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have little doubt that guy would have been more recognizable with a good camera. Though his face was very light colored, maybe he was wearing some kind of mask? Doesn't matter how good the camera is if the guy wears a mask.

Myckie

n3wb
Reaction score
I have little doubt that guy would have been more recognizable with a good camera. Though his face was very light colored, maybe he was wearing some kind of mask? Doesn't matter how good the camera is if the guy wears a mask.
Yes, i noticed what you say.
I have repeated the same this guy does for testing purposes (sensor response time) and my face was more dark ..Maybe some mask or strange skin XD .
Police are very happy with the video, all information is good for them (height, complexion..)

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He may get caught stealing someone else's items so it would be nice if the police have the video to go back to. Sorry about your bikes

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
who in the hell steals a bike?? i know my fat a$$ would not, lol

Myckie

n3wb
Reaction score
These bikes are easy money, 1000 Eur.
My problem was to leave them outdoors.
There was another guy on the street waiting, I have recording, but is illegal in my country record the street with a fixed camera.
I can not use images or I will be punished by the police.
I have two small cameras in the mailbox of pinhole type, invisible to the people ..
Once I recorded a robbery of a neighbor, where it is clearly saw the faces of the thieves and the stolen items, but they could not be sent to the judge and I could only show to an inspector under word of not report me.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
He must have known these were expensive bikes, you can hardly tell apart when bike is worth $200 or $2000 during a day, but at night... Also, better camera would've helped for sure, especially after 1:10 when he started having full face in the view.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some CCTV camera laws are stupid, not being able to film the street is just out of it to me.
I guess we have it made in America in all sorts of ways!

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm thinking a couple of $10 bike cable locks would have helped a lot more than better camera...Those bikes were unfortunately easy pickins.
He did not appear armed w\ bolt cutters but who knows.
Don't you love how some laws often protect the criminals more than the victims?