Calving Cameras

dfarmann

n3wb
Reaction score
We have 3 Foscams in one barn, 1 Foscam on an electric pole watching the pasture and a SecuPlug inside another barn watching cows inside, all looking upward to the top of a 60 foot silo that relays signal to the house, via Ubiquity loco M5s, and we watch on a tower Windows 7 running Blue Iris software. Sounds good!

We are having to cycle power to the pole mounted camera often, and the SecuPlug has quit working completely. Screen says "Error: 8000247c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0"

The original person we bought from took the order, programmed the equipment, and sent it to us to install and then never returned calls to fine tune. So then I found two computer studs to come in to fix as they said they had experience with cameras, but soon gave up. Lastly found a fellow farmer that understood cameras and Ubiquity and fixed them very well with little problems other than the occasional restart.

I have watch u-tube videos till my head wants to explode and is all to complicated for me to understand! I can pull a calf fix a John Deere but this is beyond me, plus I'm afraid to mess with it and loosing all the cameras.

My question is, would there be someone here that would help on an individual basis to help diagnose these issues.

Please e-mail if interested in helping.

Thank You, DandK Cattle.

Reaction score
We have 3 Foscams in one barn, 1 Foscam on an electric pole watching the pasture and a SecuPlug inside another barn watching cows inside, all looking upward to the top of a 60 foot silo that relays signal to the house, via Ubiquity loco M5s, and we watch on a tower Windows 7 running Blue Iris software. Sounds good!

We are having to cycle power to the pole mounted camera often, and the SecuPlug has quit working completely. Screen says "Error: 8000247c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0"

The original person we bought from took the order, programmed the equipment, and sent it to us to install and then never returned calls to fine tune. So then I found two computer studs to come in to fix as they said they had experience with cameras, but soon gave up. Lastly found a fellow farmer that understood cameras and Ubiquity and fixed them very well with little problems other than the occasional restart.

I have watch u-tube videos till my head wants to explode and is all to complicated for me to understand! I can pull a calf fix a John Deere but this is beyond me, plus I'm afraid to mess with it and loosing all the cameras.

My question is, would there be someone here that would help on an individual basis to help diagnose these issues.

Please e-mail if interested in helping.

Thank You, DandK Cattle.
Maybe try a TP-Link smart outlet, instead? Or an inexpensive Amazon outlet, with Alexa?