Camera advice needed

adri76

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have an area in front of my house that I would like to monitor. (pic attached with possible mounting position circled in red)
I need intrusion detection and some kind of smart detection as there are trees and a busy road in front of the house and the motion detection will be triggered constantly.
I have looked at quite a few cameras and so far have narrowed it down to 2 potential options:
DH-IPC-HFW2230S-S-S2 DH-IPC-HFW3241E-AS The second one is about 50% more expensive, but other than wizsense and more storage, I they seem similarly specced.
Is the second one worth paying more for and would this be a good option for my purpose? (I plan on using 2)
Any advice would be appreciated.
CCTV.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The second one has AI in it, meaning that it can weed out triggers based on human or vehicles. You mention you are afraid of trees and the road triggering it, so you would want to spend more for the camera with AI in it.

What are your goals of the camera system as that determines the camera. Do you want to IDENTIFY within 15 feet of the camera or 30 feet from the camera? That dictates the camera selection. One camera cannot do both distances.

adri76

n3wb
Reaction score
I basically would like to be notified when someone enters the area.
Another option at a similar price as 2 cameras would be 2 hdcvi cameras (much cheaper) and a DH-XVR1B08H-I dvr that has AI built in. (8ch)
The main function is intrusion detection with the least amount of false alarms.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Either will be fine; set to record motion and ivs if space is a concern. I’d set either or both intrusion area/tripwire around the yard and leave motion whole screen if you want to record traffic but not get alerts. Sometimes you want to pull ivs zones a little bit away from street so headlights don’t trigger a false.

adri76

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there any pro's / con's to going with hdcvi vs ip?
It has been a while since I've had anything to do with analogue cameras and if I remember correctly you needed extra baluns for connecting analogue cameras to the DVR, otherwise the video quality would be horrible.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pros would be cost of both cameras and cabling if you already have Siamese wire installed.