camera configs....confused.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hiya, i had 2 cameras arrive today, and although the nvr can view them (plug and play) i can't view them online through a web page or iphone software.
not sure what im doing wrong. Also how do you change the name of the cameras, both are saying Camera 01?

In terms of what i've done, i've litterally plugged them into the NVR as plug and play with PoE, and that's about it. If i open up SADP and assign it an ip, the NVR re assigns it 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.9.

please help.

many thanks in advance.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your NVR puts them on its own isolated network when you use one with built in PoE, you can only access feeds and configuration via NVR UI.. not directly.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
your NVR puts them on its own isolated network when you use one with built in PoE, you can only access feeds and configuration via NVR UI.. not directly.
Does that mean i can't view them from an app?

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To view them online with the Firefox webbrowser, you should install the Webcomponents.exe plugin. (you should Google that 'webcomponents.exe Hikvision')

If you also want to view your cams on your iPhone, you should Forward the cam Ports in your router.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
To view them online with the Firefox webbrowser, you should install the Webcomponents.exe plugin. (you should Google that 'webcomponents.exe Hikvision')

If you also want to view your cams on your iPhone, you should Forward the cam Ports in your router.
Thank you,Kroegtijgertje . Iv'e downloaded the components, but i still get:
The stream is encrypted. Please go to the Local Configuration interface to set the Encryption Key and restart live view.
I'll restart PC just in case.
Is forwarding the cam Ports an easy thing to do??

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your app has to connect to the NVR, not the camera.. disregard @Kroegtijgertje, you cant reach the cameras with your browser in the plug-n-play config.. and you also should never forward ports to your cams or nvr, use a VPN for remote access.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Nayr, i tried IM you, but failed... lol.
could you reccomend a VPN (for a dummy)?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not a paid vpn service, thats not what you want or need.. thats paying someone else to run a VPN server on a different network to hide your origin.. you need to run a VPN Server on your router so you can join your mobile devices to your LAN securely when they are on remote networks.

I would recommend you check your router's configuration and setup and use whatever VPN Server it's likely already got included, if it does not have a VPN Server on it.. see if you can install custom firmware (OpenWRT/DD-WRT/Tomato/Etc) and if thats not an option upgrade your router to one that does have VPN Support out of the box.

Windows/MacOS/iOS/Android/Linux all have native VPN Client support included, more often than not no apps are even needed, you just need to setup a VPN server, add some users and configure the mobile devices.. if your hardware already supports it, and it likely does, then it wont cost you anything.

ps: I believe you can setup routing between your camera network and your lan, but it requires breaking into the NVR console and issuing commands directly on the NVR as its more of a hack than anything else.. Someone else who has done this before can help you, I cannot.. try searching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just had a look and this looks like and although complicated I'm slowly(very slowly) making progress, viewing locally on a pc to nvr using the nvr local ip is fruitful, at first I was getting a lack screen on live view, but I've overcome that. I just keep getting connection failure on iPhone app.

Last edited by a moderator: