Camera doesn't record after auto-reboot

Perplexer

n3wb
Reaction score
I turned on the "Auto Reboot" option in my camera settings yesterday, thinking it might be a good idea to let the camera reboot once a week to prevent unnoticed camera hang-ups.

However, I noticed that when the camera comes back up after the reboot, it does not automatically continue recording to the SD card (I have recording configured with motion detection only). It also doesn't seem to switch day/night modes automatically. It appears to be "stuck" on the settings that were active porior to the Auto Reboot. The stream itself seems to work since I can see it via /cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi
The camera only gets "unstuck" once I log-in to it via the web interface. When I do that, the day/night sensor switches to the appropriate mode and the recording starts up again.

I can't believe this is happening, since I bought Dahua after my previous Reolink camera randomly stopped recording and I decided to change vendors. Now I'm having recording problems with Dahua as well. I did turn off Auto Reboot now, but I feel this will just cause the camera to freeze by itself eventually after a long enough uptime.

Is this a known bug? Did anyone else notice this problem as well?

Camera is Dahua IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2
System Version: V2.680.0000000.28.R, Build Date: 2021-09-11
WEB Version: V3.2.1.1117604
Security Baseline Version: V2.1

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I reboot my NVR, as the cameras it powers, once a week. But yesterday after the reboot, two cameras didn't come back up. They're on the same run from the NVR and there's a POE multiplexer which the cameras connect to. POE screen wasn't showing any power being drawn and I got worried. These things are difficult to access and I can't get that high up on a ladder due to my vertigo. I disconnected the cable from the NVR and left it.

The reboot was at 12 noon. Plugged it back in at 11pm and both cameras came back up. No further issues that I've noticed but I'll check the recordings shortly. Pretty sure it was the multiplexer as it wasn't drawing the 3 watts that it uses.

End of automatic reboots for me!