Camera Feeds Stop Until Camera is Rebooted in BI After Power Outage

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has this issue in BI. After a power outage, and the cameras reboot, the camera feed freezes in BI until I restart a camera in BI. Once I restart one camera the others pull a live feed. The only cameras that are affected are not on battery backup. My cameras that are on battery backup are fine. I am running Version 5.2.7.12. I've had this issue across multiple versions on BI 5. Just wondering if others have had this issue as well.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the BI server on a UPS as well?

I don't have my cameras on a UPS but my BI server is. During a power outage the BI server keep humming along but the cams restart upon power coming back and BI picks them up properly. I've not experienced anything like what you have. May want to plug the cam PoE switch (if that is how you power them) into a UPS to prevent this from happening in the future.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
All of mine are on a UPS as well so I can't directly relate. How long of a power outage are we talking? Is it possible BI eventually gives up on trying to reconnect after they've been down for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the BI server on a UPS as well?

I don't have my cameras on a UPS but my BI server is. During a power outage the BI server keep humming along but the cams restart upon power coming back and BI picks them up properly. I've not experienced anything like what you have. May want to plug the cam PoE switch (if that is how you power them) into a UPS to prevent this from happening in the future.
My BI server is on a UPS. The cameras that stay up are on a POE switch connected to a UPS. The other cameras that aren't on in detached garages which aren't on UPS. It is on my to-do list to get battery backups for the garages.

All of mine are on a UPS as well so I can't directly relate. How long of a power outage are we talking? Is it possible BI eventually gives up on trying to reconnect after they've been down for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The power outage is only for a few seconds. I never had this problem until recently (the last several months). When I look at BI the camera feed is from when the power went out, the connection doesn't time out, which is odd, the stream appears to freeze.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My BI server is on a UPS. The cameras that stay up are on a POE switch connected to a UPS. The other cameras that aren't on in detached garages which aren't on UPS. It is on my to-do list to get battery backups for the garages.

The power outage is only for a few seconds. I never had this problem until recently (the last several months). When I look at BI the camera feed is from when the power went out, the connection doesn't time out, which is odd, the stream appears to freeze.
I have had the desktop stream appear to freeze in BI in past versions. You may find BI is still running ok and it's just the desktop view that is frozen. I can't remember in what versions it was though.

I'm running the very latest version and don't have the problem.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had the desktop stream appear to freeze in BI in past versions. You may find BI is still running ok and it's just the desktop view that is frozen. I can't remember in what versions it was though.

I'm running the very latest version and don't have the problem.
Thanks for this. I verified that when the camera streams freeze they also stop recording, etc. Unfortunately it is more than the camera feed freezing in the desktop view. I am on the latest stable version, 5.2.7.12.